The first Diablo 3 Season begins this evening and many fans are all fired up. Hear two eager Ladder climbers discuss their D2 Ladders experience, class and build plans, Patch 2.1 adaptations, weekend goals, how long they think the 1000 level 70s of each class will take, and more. Featuring Flux, Nerdwords, and Empty1. We’ll […]
The first weekend of Diablo 3 Seasons has ended. How did the ladder rushers enjoy the experience? Which fast leveling strategies worked best (and worst), and does the Torment 6 “kill nothing but level fast” cheese need to be fixed? Featuring Wolfpaq, Rankil, N3rdwords, Katniss, and Flux. Following up Friday’s Season-prep show, this is a […]
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO-List
- What Happened to the Ob/Zod?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] Zylo's ISO / FT
- Does Rapid Fire rule yet?
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Dislike option on Facebook
- Diablo 3 Forum Introductions Thread & Rules…
- Horadric Cache Data Collection Thread
- Undocumented changes and issues with Patch 2.1
One life to live #57: DrunkcorePosted 26 Oct 2012 by
So you’ve survived in 1.04, and are cruising through Inferno on Monster power, but can you do it..drunk?
Drunkcore has been around for a long time, in fact alcohol and videogames have had an excellent coupling far before Diablo, but the combination of permanent death, hours of time invested, and the sweet nectar of inhibitions is almost to comical to pass up. If you don’t drink stop reading now because everything else that follows will only sour your already demure nature.
The premise is as simple as it gets. You get drunk, you create a new hardcore character ( or depending on level of intoxication, create one before you drink) then you play the game. The goal is to survive as long as you possible can, and of course not insult your entire friends list. Now to add some spice and keep your buzz going I’ve added in some new rules for my very own league.
1. Solo play is done at MP10 until inferno of course then you can let your drunk heart decide what you play on.
2. Group play as often as possible, if with friends bump it up to MP10.
3. If anyone dies while playing take a shot( or slam a beer)
4. Take a drink any time you upgrade a piece of gear
5. If/when you find a legendary slam your drink
6. No AH, No twinks- Scouts honor!
7. If you die you slam a drink and re-roll
If you think you and your liver can handle that, I welcome you to join my ladder at Diabloladders.com entitled Drunkcore
Now I’ll be honest I haven’t had much time to get as drunk as it really takes to jump in and get going but I’m excited at the prospect of it. What better to ease the sting of losing a character then drinking to it’s demise?
One Life to Live covers the Hardcore play and life style in the Diablo community. It is written by Xanth (a paragon of objectivity) and published weekly. Post your comments below, Follow me on Twitter @HCXanth or contact the author directly. For all the archived news about Diablo 3 hardcore check our Archives!