There’s no Reaper of Souls Easter Egg on the level of , but there are Secret Cows, and a fully-stocked Cow Rift.
- New to D3 forums
- Diablo 3: Powerlevelling "Exploit" Act 5 Demonic…
- Diablo 2 lovers: Questions for you specifically [D3…
- T6 rift cleared solo HC WD
- Wrath Building
- How do you farm gold?
- 4/2: Problems and solutions.
- Careful. The lynch mob is after you...
- streetchicken's ongoing contemplations
- BoA - how do you feel about it?
- New to the forum, not the game.
- Positives- lets think good thoughts!!
One life to live #57: DrunkcorePosted 26 October 2012by
So you’ve survived in 1.04, and are cruising through Inferno on Monster power, but can you do it..drunk?
Drunkcore has been around for a long time, in fact alcohol and videogames have had an excellent coupling far before Diablo, but the combination of permanent death, hours of time invested, and the sweet nectar of inhibitions is almost to comical to pass up. If you don’t drink stop reading now because everything else that follows will only sour your already demure nature.
The premise is as simple as it gets. You get drunk, you create a new hardcore character ( or depending on level of intoxication, create one before you drink) then you play the game. The goal is to survive as long as you possible can, and of course not insult your entire friends list. Now to add some spice and keep your buzz going I’ve added in some new rules for my very own league.
1. Solo play is done at MP10 until inferno of course then you can let your drunk heart decide what you play on.
2. Group play as often as possible, if with friends bump it up to MP10.
3. If anyone dies while playing take a shot( or slam a beer)
4. Take a drink any time you upgrade a piece of gear
5. If/when you find a legendary slam your drink
6. No AH, No twinks- Scouts honor!
7. If you die you slam a drink and re-roll
If you think you and your liver can handle that, I welcome you to join my ladder at Diabloladders.com entitled Drunkcore
Now I’ll be honest I haven’t had much time to get as drunk as it really takes to jump in and get going but I’m excited at the prospect of it. What better to ease the sting of losing a character then drinking to it’s demise?
One Life to Live covers the Hardcore play and life style in the Diablo community. It is written by Xanth (a paragon of objectivity) and published weekly. Post your comments below, Follow me on Twitter @HCXanth or contact the author directly. For all the archived news about Diablo 3 hardcore check our Archives!