Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- The Impeachment Thread, vol.1 - "WMD"
- RoS: How are you Witch Doctors doing?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- RoS: How are you Barbs doing?
- Ups and downs of each version
- Tyrael build?
- SP Price Check Thread - Feb 2011 - Dec 2013
New Skill Movies ReleasedPosted 13 Mar 2012 by
A reader noticed that Blizzard had just added some new skill demonstration movies to each class’ active skills page. There are a few new ones for each class, and it’s easy to tell which are new by comparing to the skill movies documented in our post from two weeks ago. Thanks to B Crookz for the news tip.
As before, these are all the base skills, not any of the more effective and better looking runed versions. The newly added skill movies on each page are:
- Barbarian: Seismic Slam, Call of the Ancients.
- Demon Hunter: Rapid Fire, Evasive Fire, and Companion.
- Monk: Crippling Wave, Wave of Light, Inner Sanctuary.
- Witch Doctor: Spirit Barrage and Sacrifice.
- Wizard: Blizzard, Archon.
As in the last update, the enviroments and monsters are generally more interesting than the skills, most of which we’ve seen previously. I particularly liked the snowy Act Three setting and huge demons seen in the Wizard’s Archon skill. Use the video below to watch all of the new skills in a single movie, for your convenience.
The previous batch of skills were given similar treatment in our other video after the break.