Greetings, nephalem! I’ll be doing something new this month, so I hope you’ll all bear with me as we try it out together, it’s The Diablo IncGamers Clan Dispatch: Volume I.
- RNG leads to Diablo 3 Forum unrest
- Introducing Blizzard\'s Diablo 3 Theorycraft…
- Barbarians of the Physical Realm
- Any more info about ladders/tiered rifts?
- Legacy legendary vs new one
- What would you do if you discovered a possible…
- Reaper of Souls Easter Egg: Infernal Bovine Secret…
- looking for partners act 1 T1 split bounties and rift
- LoL game ruined bug
- 8 bounties, 8 pools of reflection
- Blizzard Explains Horadric Cache Legendary Drop Rules
- whats the best way to gear up
MOBA for Diablo 3 PvP?Posted 3 January 2013by
Following Jay’s developer update on the state of PvP, Team Deathmatch has been removed and they are “going back to the drawing board” for a replacement for Team Deathmatch.
Now I know not everyone here on Diablo: IncGamers plays WoW but I thought the latest datamining from the WoW 5.2 update, which has just gone live on the PTRs was interesting as it revealed a new Battleground called “Defense of the Alehouse” which is obviously a play on the title DOTA. The WoW community is now excited at the prospect of a future DOTA/MOBA style Battleground based on the datamined video of the map.
For those who have no idea what MOBA is, it stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena which usually involves two teams of heroes with a player controlling a single character to take out the opposing team’s base/structures. It’s sort of like playing an RTS with no building but there is character levelling and skill progression.
Could the Diablo 3 and WoW teams be bashing heads together and they are now experimenting with new PvP modes in WoW, and possibly Diablo 3? The idea of MOBA style PvP may just work in Diablo 3 but it could take some time for the development team to put together.
Would you be interested in some sort of MOBA style game mode for Diablo 3′ PvP?