Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
This episode of the Diablo Podcast covers Greater Rift exploits and their ramifications, fans opinions on the most-needed Gambling fixes, if the game needs Torment 7-10, and what keeps you playing when gear upgrades are done? Featuring Amedon, N3rdwards, and Flux Click through for approximate segment starting times: Amedon and N3rdwords. 0:30 — Intro to […]
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- Early Merc Gear, And Where to Start MFing?
- Patriarch Dervish, Whirlwind Barbarian (Exceptional…
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- What are your favorite gems?
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- What Was Your Best Drop Today?
- 2014 Football World Championship thread
- Most epic piece of classic/romantic music ?
Mike Morhaime Technical Entrepreneur of the YearPosted 20 Nov 2012 by
Mike Morhaime has bagged himself a gong at the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year awards.
The awards encourage enterpreneurial activity and recognises leaders and visionaries who demonstrate innovation, financial success and personal commitment. Mike was recognised for his commitment to a high standard of quality that has propelled Blizzard to where they are today on the global playing field. Bryan Pearch, America’s Director of the awards had this to say:
“To use his words, Morhaime has unleashed his ‘inner geek,’ creating a cultural phenomenon that is unparalleled in the gaming industry. Morhaime brings a commitment to quality to his consumers and an inclusive work environment to his company, both of which have contributed to the immense success of Blizzard.”
And Mike this:
Congratulations to Mike. If you’re not familiar with Blizzard’s road to super stardom you can check out their official about page for history and mission statement.
Thanks to ericbrighteyes for the news tip.