The first Diablo 3 Season begins this evening and many fans are all fired up. Hear two eager Ladder climbers discuss their D2 Ladders experience, class and build plans, Patch 2.1 adaptations, weekend goals, how long they think the 1000 level 70s of each class will take, and more. Featuring Flux, Nerdwords, and Empty1. We’ll […]
This afternoon Blizzard ran their monthly live stream conversation with a developer, and saw John Yang and Nevalistis join two fans for some action. They finished up through GR30 and Nevalistis scored 4 legendary items and a set item from the final GRG, so lucky to her. The conversation during the live stream covered a […]
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- need suggestion about my game
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- Sanctuary Shield
- RoS: How are you Demon Hunters doing?
- BobCox2's OTF Taco and Burrito bar - The Cause of…
- Zeal/conviction build
- Your spawn rate of treasure portals
- Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds
- Must have items?
- FASTEST MONK ALIVE - Warstaff of General Quang
Magic Find and Gold Find Now Shared Through the PartyPosted 3 Mar 2012 by
Thanks to Ugm for letting us know about some surprising news from the official Polish Battle.net forums. A fan asked about sharing MF in parties, and got a reply from CM Wuluxar. In Polish, of course, but the translation is clear enough:
The group consists of four players. In total, their stats are 50% MF, +20% GF and 10% XP, each of these players will have a 12.5% MF, 5% and 2.5% GF XP being in such a group.
Playing with a companion, available for rent, as at present receive 20% bonus to the statistics of type ‘adventure’ with a bonus companion visible on the panel.
That last bit of garbled translation was clarified by a Blue post today.
This news prompts numerous thoughts and theories, and I’m definitely thinking we need a vote on it to measure the overall impact. A few different quick reactions:
1) It’s another design decision that waters down the game for the benefit of less-skilled players. Now any noob can get MF and +exp benefits from skilled players with better gear, simply by being in the same game. Does this give skilled players *another* reason to play solo in D3?
2) It’s an inevitable “fix” required by D3′s individual item drops, which would have rewarded back row MF leeches who didn’t pull their weight in games.
3) This is great for friends playing in parties. If you go all MF and ranged support while staying in the back, while your friend tanks and takes all the risks (especially if you’re playing Hardcore), you benefit from his killing speed, and he enjoys your MF.
Speaking as someone who has always enjoyed MF and did a lot to promote it with a number of huge strategy guides in the early days of D2, I’m curious to hear feedback on the change — especially from MF haters.