is hitting the live servers tonight/tomorrow after the weekly maintenance concludes, and there’s a ton of new stuff to be had. We’ve been newsing it all up for the past couple of months and keeping all of the DiabloWiki.net articles up to date. We’re datamining the Patch right now, so we’ll have the full data […]
Fascinating and very long article by a self-confessed Diablo 3 Auction House botter, talking about how he made over 100k Euros in a year, entirely through buying low and selling high on the AH and RMAH. The article is huge and goes into great detail about everything, including the scripts he used, the multiple machines […]
- 2014 RFO Results
- Suggest me the best
- Refining my Pit-Strafer
- Who here is creating a ladder character on Friday
- Menu explanation
- PvP Week 13?
- Another DDoS attack on Battle.net? (and also Twitch)
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.1 Hotfixes and Bugs
- Diablo 3 Wallpaper Watch #136: Patch 2.1 Greed
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Diablo 3 Achievements Display Bug
Magic Find and Gold Find Now Shared Through the PartyPosted 3 Mar 2012 by
Thanks to Ugm for letting us know about some surprising news from the official Polish Battle.net forums. A fan asked about sharing MF in parties, and got a reply from CM Wuluxar. In Polish, of course, but the translation is clear enough:
The group consists of four players. In total, their stats are 50% MF, +20% GF and 10% XP, each of these players will have a 12.5% MF, 5% and 2.5% GF XP being in such a group.
Playing with a companion, available for rent, as at present receive 20% bonus to the statistics of type ‘adventure’ with a bonus companion visible on the panel.
That last bit of garbled translation was clarified by a Blue post today.
This news prompts numerous thoughts and theories, and I’m definitely thinking we need a vote on it to measure the overall impact. A few different quick reactions:
1) It’s another design decision that waters down the game for the benefit of less-skilled players. Now any noob can get MF and +exp benefits from skilled players with better gear, simply by being in the same game. Does this give skilled players *another* reason to play solo in D3?
2) It’s an inevitable “fix” required by D3′s individual item drops, which would have rewarded back row MF leeches who didn’t pull their weight in games.
3) This is great for friends playing in parties. If you go all MF and ranged support while staying in the back, while your friend tanks and takes all the risks (especially if you’re playing Hardcore), you benefit from his killing speed, and he enjoys your MF.
Speaking as someone who has always enjoyed MF and did a lot to promote it with a number of huge strategy guides in the early days of D2, I’m curious to hear feedback on the change — especially from MF haters.