Greetings, nephalem! I’ll be doing something new this month, so I hope you’ll all bear with me as we try it out together, it’s The Diablo IncGamers Clan Dispatch: Volume I.
- Everyone Hates the Same Diablo 3 Bounties: How to…
- Hardcore T6 Belial =((
- Attempting T6 Hardcore Belial!
- Arcane Build: Help !
- Shared Paragon Not Leading to Diversity of…
- Build Elementalist
- Bug Horadric cube is not working...help me..
- Blizzard Defends the Legendary Shard of Hate Nerf
- Something to play with
- Should Diablo 3 Followers Share Gear?
- Elemental damage on weapon and + % skill
- The most Hallowed Of Barricades
How Much Data Up/Down Does D3 Use?Posted 13 January 2012by
One of our forum regulars, Glass, used Rubbernet to measure how much data he was sending and receiving while playing the Diablo 3 Beta. The program gave him precise measurements of how much bandwidth the game uses, and in his forum post, Glass shares the results.
The verdict? Surprisingly little data is exchanged during play, even during a four-player game. Much less than you’d use doing almost anything else online, including checking email or surfing.
Check Glass’ thread for additional screen caps that show the exact stats. This seems like good news for players with slow connections or a limited bandwidth allotment. Especially since just playing single player is not an option with Diablo III.