Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Most epic piece of classic/romantic music ?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- Berzerk and....Berzerk and...Berzerk and what?
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Your state of Greater Rift
- RoS: How are you Witch Doctors doing?
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
Heroes Rise: 50% UnlockedPosted 21 Apr 2012 by
We’ve finally hit the half-way mark on the Heroes Rise promotional page! The release is so close, we can nearly taste it. As it should be after 12 years of waiting. With the Open Beta currently underway (not without technical problems, of course. But it seems like quite the coincidence that the 50% milestone unlocks the day the beta opens to the world. The excitement just continues to mount.
And no it’s not a wallpaper or facebook image, it is a brand new Blizzcast.
- The video covers a lot of information we have known before, or at least have surmised. Starting with Senior Designer Jason Bender talking about randomization and aspects that difficulty levels bring to the game.
- Second up is Senior Sound Designer Kris Giampa covering some of the basics on how they bring the world to life with their sound libraries. It’s an interesting piece, especially if you haven’t listened to the panel from Blizzcon ’11 that focuses on Blizz music.
- Third is Lead Content Designer Kevin Martens who talks a little about the background of the Festering Woods (big surprise!), which will involve some [wikiNephalem[/wiki] Artifacts and warring spirits. The really cool part of this video is that it contains small clips of the game that have never been seen before.
The closing remarks are the most interesting as it refers to the fabled Cow Level. Based on Kevin’s remarks, we may not have seen the last of the Cow King.
So… spoiler warning if you want to keep your knowledge about the rest of the game to a minimum.
Over all, the content is geared towards a new audience, but it’s definitely worth a listen. And, of course, unlike all other Blizzcasts, these are live interviews held directly with the lead designers. Enjoy!