Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- Get rid of me from headache
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- Lightens the dark circles
- Toughness is Useless at Higher Greater Rifts?
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Metallica set to play BlizzCon 2014
- RoS: How are you Witch Doctors doing?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- Most annoying achievements you have farmed for
Health Link Bug Disclosed; Fix PlannedPosted 12 Dec 2012 by
A fan posted a lengthy argument about a perceived change in how the Health Link boss modifier works. His theorizing got shot down by Lylirra, but she took the opportunity to share a newly-confirmed bug with that type of boss that’s worth knowing about. Here’s the end of his post, plus the Blue replies.
It seems to me that this is an unintended affect since they didn’t try to nerf lifesteal any other way, but I would really like someone who knows to respond to this.
Lylirra: We didn’t make any changes to way Health Link works in 1.0.5. To clarify, this is how the affix should function:
1. You hit a monster with the Health Link affix.
2. If you successfully deal damage, that monster checks for any other monsters with the Health Link affix that are nearby (nearby = 50 yards).
3. If there are monsters nearby, the damage amount is immediately divided equally with them.
4. If there aren’t any monsters nearby, that damage isn’t shared and is taken fully by the monster you hit.
Now, there is bug that’s currently active that makes it so that Life Steal isn’t as effective against monsters with the Health Link affix (the amount of life stolen is diminished when attacking Health Linked monsters), which could account for what you’ve experienced.
(Sorry to chime in a bit late on this thread, but this was something I wanted to check on with both QA and our development teams. I hope you’ll forgive my necro!)
I like when bugs are explicable. Like this one; you can read the details and go, “Oh yeah, I can see how/why that would happen.” So often bugs are inscrutable and exist because of weird connections in the game code that no non-programmer can ever hope to comprehend.
How do you guys feel about Health Link? I kind of like it, though I always wish it was called Die Together (though that was a different mod, I enjoy the name.) With Health Link it can be fun to bang away on a Champion for triple or quadruple the normal time, while dodging the others and knowing that as soon as I kill this one, his friends will drop dead simultaneously, if not sooner. (Literally sooner; once in a while I see the others die before the one I’m hitting, due to vagaries in how much damage is shared.