is hitting the live servers tonight/tomorrow after the weekly maintenance concludes, and there’s a ton of new stuff to be had. We’ve been newsing it all up for the past couple of months and keeping all of the DiabloWiki.net articles up to date. We’re datamining the Patch right now, so we’ll have the full data […]
Fascinating and very long article by a self-confessed Diablo 3 Auction House botter, talking about how he made over 100k Euros in a year, entirely through buying low and selling high on the AH and RMAH. The article is huge and goes into great detail about everything, including the scripts he used, the multiple machines […]
- DiabloNut 2.0 Feedback Thread
- Wired Monk, Oh ya baby !
- Players hit 70 in just over an hour on Season 1 -…
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Undocumented changes and issues with Patch 2.1
- The first Diablo 3 Season starts today
- Guest Article: Diablo 3 Season Level Up Tips
- [1.13d FAM FTS] Rawness' Give-away
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- Arcane Wizard - patch 2.1 Build
- Suggest me the best
- Stream your D2 gameplay!
Health Link Bug Disclosed; Fix PlannedPosted 12 Dec 2012 by
A fan posted a lengthy argument about a perceived change in how the Health Link boss modifier works. His theorizing got shot down by Lylirra, but she took the opportunity to share a newly-confirmed bug with that type of boss that’s worth knowing about. Here’s the end of his post, plus the Blue replies.
It seems to me that this is an unintended affect since they didn’t try to nerf lifesteal any other way, but I would really like someone who knows to respond to this.
Lylirra: We didn’t make any changes to way Health Link works in 1.0.5. To clarify, this is how the affix should function:
1. You hit a monster with the Health Link affix.
2. If you successfully deal damage, that monster checks for any other monsters with the Health Link affix that are nearby (nearby = 50 yards).
3. If there are monsters nearby, the damage amount is immediately divided equally with them.
4. If there aren’t any monsters nearby, that damage isn’t shared and is taken fully by the monster you hit.
Now, there is bug that’s currently active that makes it so that Life Steal isn’t as effective against monsters with the Health Link affix (the amount of life stolen is diminished when attacking Health Linked monsters), which could account for what you’ve experienced.
(Sorry to chime in a bit late on this thread, but this was something I wanted to check on with both QA and our development teams. I hope you’ll forgive my necro!)
I like when bugs are explicable. Like this one; you can read the details and go, “Oh yeah, I can see how/why that would happen.” So often bugs are inscrutable and exist because of weird connections in the game code that no non-programmer can ever hope to comprehend.
How do you guys feel about Health Link? I kind of like it, though I always wish it was called Die Together (though that was a different mod, I enjoy the name.) With Health Link it can be fun to bang away on a Champion for triple or quadruple the normal time, while dodging the others and knowing that as soon as I kill this one, his friends will drop dead simultaneously, if not sooner. (Literally sooner; once in a while I see the others die before the one I’m hitting, due to vagaries in how much damage is shared.