The issue of class balance is a constant debate for the community and the developers. Are the classes even? Can they be?
- Bug vashikaran speailist baba jee 9414084978
- Bug Problems Salution In Fast Speed 9414084978
- Bug Remove Black Magic By Astrologer 9414084978
- Bug Problems Salution In One Day 9414084978
- Bug love spells,love priest,love back astrologer…
- Bug money problems salution baba jee 9414084978
- Bug shani sade sati problems salution 9414084978
- Bug india best tantrik / jyotis p.k.t 9414084978
- Bug marige problems salution baba jee 9414084978
- Bug busness lose problem salution 9414084978
- Bug house problems just salution 9414084978
- Bug Contact vashikaran speailist baba jee 9414084978
Halloween Events in Diablo III?Posted 25 October 2012by
A fan asked if we’d seen any seasonal in-game events in Diablo III, and got a, “What is this, WoW?” reply from a CM.
Vaeflare: While we are constantly working to improve Diablo III, we have no plans to add temporary holiday-themed events at this time.
cant even give the barb a little santa hat and coat?
Vaeflare: This effect can easily be achieved through the careful application of stickers and Post-it notes to one’s monitor.
They’ve already given the barb a little Santa hat, in the Xmas artwork from two years ago. And as you can see in the thumb above… it wasn’t exactly a fun and festive look.
The larger issue of this is one I’ve been interested in for years, though. I wrote an On The Drawing Board about it back in 2008 (with a 2009 follow-up) to explore the issue and see what you guys thought. There were hundreds of comments on the issue, and even a vote, thought sadly they got eated when we switched news scripts a couple of years ago. From what I remember though, a clear majority of fans did *not* like the idea of seasonal bonus content. Not for Xmas, not for Halloween, not for Easter, and presumably not for other holidays that have less iconic and obvious visual components.
I found that feedback surprising, since many other RPGs (as detailed in that old article) constantly include holiday-themed extras and it seems to go over pretty well. I think most of us would find it annoying and stupid if the NPCs in town in Diablo III were suddenly wearing Santa hats and singing carols, but surely some holiday or seasonal stuff could be worked into the game, to give some variety or freshness, without completely destroying the illusion?
Or perhaps not. Most of you guys were against the idea back in 2008 and 2009, but at that point we all had delusional grand visions of the perfect gothic purity of the world of Diablo III. Now that we know what’s actually in the game (and have seen it all 5000x), does the idea of seasonal bonus content seem more acceptable?
Some suggestions; Jack ‘o lantern decorations in Bastion’s Keep, an Xmas tree in Tristram, Easter Bunnies wearing waistcoats and carrying watch chains in Whimsyshire? No? Well how about this? Around Christmas time, all the Treasure Goblins get a graphics update so they appear to be one of Santa’s elves, in a red suit and cap, with their sack of treasure more like Santa’s bag of presents, and as they run they drop golden candy canes and such, and any rares or legendaries they drop appear as wrapped boxes in your inventory, which you have to unwrap (identify) to reveal their contents. Best part; if one escapes through the portal (back to the North Pole, obviously, the true land of Greed) all their dropped gold still on the ground instantly turns into lumps of coal.
Would you like to see seasonal bonus content in D3?
- 1) Yes, it would be awesome. (42%, 616 Votes)
- 2) Maybe, but only if it was done very well. (26%, 379 Votes)
- 4) No way. Never. Under no circumstances. (20%, 292 Votes)
- 3) Probably not, since it would be done poorly. (10%, 150 Votes)
- 5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,483