Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- CaptainFalcon - Charge/Holy Fire Paladin Themed…
- [1.07 & 1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO/FT
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Guardian Predator - Fire Hunter Druid
- The Impeachment Thread, vol.1 - "WMD"
- Anything Goes D2 Lounge!
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- New Hamachi Network - For Fun D2 Multi-player Gaming
- Patriarch Dervish, Whirlwind Barbarian (Exceptional…
Good Morning Sanctuary – GDC & Diablo 3 PodcastsPosted 21 Dec 2012 by
A couple of Diablo 3 morsels to chew over today.
Andrew Vestal, Senior Localization Producer at Blizzard will be holding a session at next March’s GDC to be held in San Francisco. He’ll be talking about how they go about translating and testing randomised content; 400k possible names exist in Diablo 3. Special focus will be given to conversation implementation, and the randomly constructed item and monster names and they will also demo their internally developed localisation tool. – Thanks ericbrighteyes for the tip.
There’s a series of four videos up on Diablo3.tv by Red Team Gaming in which Sibcoe and Ken discuss the state of different aspects of Diablo 3.
They’re worth a listen, as the guys have been playing the Diablo series for years and aren’t wearing rose-tinted glasses as far as Diablo 2 is concerned; there are no histrionics but rather the discussions are balanced (whether you agree with all their points or not). So pick a topic you’re interested in and tune in.