Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- anyone have an updated ignore list?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO: Scintillating Jewels of…
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- Lightning Weapons: Tested and Explained…
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- RoS: How are you Demon Hunters doing?
German Consumer Agency Targets BlizzardPosted 15 Jun 2012 by
As if the Korean and French consumer bodies weren’t enough to be contending with Silverfang sends word that The Federation of German Consumer Organisations (vzbv) has raised action against Blizzard accusing them of antitrust violations.
It seems information on the German Diablo 3 box does not make it clear that a permanent internet connection is required or that the game is tied to the consumer’s battle.net account permanently. I can’t imagine that the box does not state ‘internet connection is required‘ but perhaps it isn’t clear that the single player option also requires a permanent connection. Without that made crystal clear one could easily assume the single player aspect wouldn’t require a connection.
The problem with the game being permanently tied to the consumer’s battle.net account seems to be that it prevents resale. The VZBV require that both of these things be made clear on the box.
In amongst this is the thorn in Blizzard’s side, the server infrastructure and it’s inability to cope with the volume of customers. Outside of patching I don’t know if that’s even still an issue in Europe now.
Blizzard have until the 13th of July to respond.