Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- A Miner's Gold miner not spawning
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- Your state of Greater Rift
- clip diablo 2
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Legendary Drop Results
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Creating socketed weapon fail
Fan Art Watch #12Posted 4 Sep 2009 by
It’s been a steady dripping of fan art this week from our dear fan artists, who perhaps have been extra inspired since Blizzard hasn’t given us anything new since BlizzCon a few weeks back. Here’s a rundown of this week’s art work!
- First up this week Delowyn comes out with his rendition of the fan class by BigKevSexyMan called the Hollow Man. See his Work in progress thread as he is modelling the character.
- Inkarnus returns this week with a concept for a city in the desert. He calls the image “Lut Whatever”. Check out his notes for more on how he came about making this piece.
- Lastly this week I posted the rune design of the monk’s Inner Sanctuary a night after I posted my wallpaper for the week. You can read thread for more on this design.
For all the images, remember they also have a larger version, so click the images.
If you enjoy Fan Art and want to contribute to this growing community, please stop by the Fan Creations Forum. Many artists visit frequently, posting works in progress looking for feedback and conversation. You don’t have to be “arty” to join in. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to send me a PM.