Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Caption This! #14 (2014 Edition)
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Caption This! #16 (2014 Edition)
- Soo... should we talk about #GamerGate?
- Archones Ladder Shop 2014!
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
Diablo 3 Direct Control on Consoles Feels Better Says JayPosted 23 Sep 2011 by
I firmly sit in the camp of Diablo 3 being a PC game and a console version will end up being a bastardised version of the original. However, Jay Wilson is convinced that using direct control with a console joypad such as a 360 controller feels even better adding ‘Oh this feels even better, with direct control…’. The biggest drawback with the console is the lack of keyboard but it has been successful in games such as Torchlight.
Now we know that Blizzard are ‘investigating’ the PS3 version of the game and if Jay’s comments are anything to go by it looks like things could be panning out rather well for a console version because the controls would be one of the major hurdles. Still, we all know the PC version will be superior right?
To demonstrate this, a user has uploaded a video to Youtube showing the Beta being played with a PS3 controller. Look easy to you? Not to me.
Thanks IncGamers and Mads Hagbarth Lund.