Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Official IncGamers Clans and Community Info
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Are you going to play Season 2?
- Condolences: Discuss Our Deeds
- What are your favorite gems?
- RIP: Our Fallen Friends
- Stomach because that's my biggest problem
- Metallica set to play BlizzCon 2014
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- How is Diablo 2 good?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
Diablo III Official Patch 17 NotesPosted 17 Apr 2012 by
As expected, the official notes are short and sweet.
- All characters have been wiped. Items, gold, auctions, achievements, followers, and artisans have also been wiped, and Beta Bucks have been reset to 50.
- Cross-game chat is available! Beta participants can now keep in touch with their Real ID and BattleTag friends, no matter which Blizzard game they’re playing.
- Please note that some restrictions do apply for BattleTag chat:
- You can only send BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client
- You can only receive BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
- Players should no longer be desynced from the server after watching or skipping a cut-scene
- Projectile spell effects should no longer be invisible when casting them
- The Auction House should no longer lag and generate ERROR_1 when attempting to switch currencies
- The Auction House should no longer display your amount of Beta Bucks as 0 unless you actually have 0 Beta Bucks
I’m glad that cross-game chat is now available, though. I do wonder if this means there is a UI update as well. Nothing big or game changing otherwise. Why this required an entire character wipe will remain a mystery to me.
Also, check our datamined list of changes.