is hitting the live servers tonight/tomorrow after the weekly maintenance concludes, and there’s a ton of new stuff to be had. We’ve been newsing it all up for the past couple of months and keeping all of the DiabloWiki.net articles up to date. We’re datamining the Patch right now, so we’ll have the full data […]
Lots on this show, including PTR Patch 2.1′s big changes, legendary item buffs, Paragon 1000 achieved, the Stash space emergency and micro-transactions, Diablo 3′s story and “demon soul hooks,” and Blizzcon 2014 Diablo 3 expansion announcement expectations. Featuring Flux, N3rdwords and Neinball. Approximate topic starting times: 2:30 — Paragon 1000 has been achieved. Does everyone […]
- Farming Treasure Goblins... Infinite Goblins from…
- Heritage of Habacalva Tournament
- Matriarch Margo, Max Physical Damage Enchantress…
- Vote: Diablo 3 Seasons Ladder Rush: Fix the Cheese?
- No Diablo 3 Pet Gold via Boon of the Hoarder
- Question about IncGamers HC North
- The Single Player Trophy Thread
- How does Howl work?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- ISIS worse Than Nazis?
- Diablo 3 Hotfixes - 30 August
- Boosting gems, a quick breakdown:
Diablo III Hacks ReleasedPosted 28 Mar 2012 by
The third party program allows one to instant quit, instant craft, load a bot, and instantly reveal your entire map. The full feature set is the following:
- Reveals units on the minimap (regular mobs in red, champs/bosses/rares in blue)
- Displays arrowes to level exits
- Minimap Markers are always revealed!
- The correct defiled crypt is colored in a green!
- Instantly exit games
- Instantly craft
- Displays a timer in the left bottom when in-game
- Displays clock in the left bottom when hanging out in the lobby
- Allows .NET assemblies to be loaded (create bots)
It’s important to remember, though, that Warden and other hack detecting software is not currently enabled in the beta and hackers are still not aware of what will be detectable in the long run, and whether or not any of their efforts right now will be sustainable past launch day. The only known way to get banned at the present time is to flaunt illegitimate ways to gold farm or similar exploitative measures to the community.
The fact that such hacks exist already does bring light to a vital problem – for its community and its economy. Having real money stakes in a game that can be cheated by third party programs could undermine the stability of the economy that would reduce the profits generated by the RMAH. So not only does Blizzard have a vested interest in stabilizing the economy, banning hackers forces the players to buy a new copy of the game to continue their exploits. It’s a win-win situation for Blizzard, assuming they actively ban accounts.
While the presence of hacks this early into development is seen as a dark omen for the future of the game, it does show Blizzard methods of hacking that they will need to address as soon as possible. For many, “as soon as possible” can never be soon enough. What is the community’s thoughts on the release of bots? We all know it was an inevitability, but will the availability of botting this early into the beta be a good thing or does it foreshadow the failure of the economy?