is hitting the live servers tonight/tomorrow after the weekly maintenance concludes, and there’s a ton of new stuff to be had. We’ve been newsing it all up for the past couple of months and keeping all of the DiabloWiki.net articles up to date. We’re datamining the Patch right now, so we’ll have the full data […]
Fascinating and very long article by a self-confessed Diablo 3 Auction House botter, talking about how he made over 100k Euros in a year, entirely through buying low and selling high on the AH and RMAH. The article is huge and goes into great detail about everything, including the scripts he used, the multiple machines […]
- Battlenet bouncer last night
- I have automated others jobs away all my life.
- Trading For Inna's Inna's favor & Reach (:
- OT: Days of our Lives aka the Beacon's Billboard
- Heritage of Habacalva Tournament
- LF Honest, Fun People Across All Platforms
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- Diablo 3 Developer Live Stream Transcript
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Your spawn rate of treasure portals
- Obtaining legendary Gems
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
Diablo III Hacks ReleasedPosted 28 Mar 2012 by
The third party program allows one to instant quit, instant craft, load a bot, and instantly reveal your entire map. The full feature set is the following:
- Reveals units on the minimap (regular mobs in red, champs/bosses/rares in blue)
- Displays arrowes to level exits
- Minimap Markers are always revealed!
- The correct defiled crypt is colored in a green!
- Instantly exit games
- Instantly craft
- Displays a timer in the left bottom when in-game
- Displays clock in the left bottom when hanging out in the lobby
- Allows .NET assemblies to be loaded (create bots)
It’s important to remember, though, that Warden and other hack detecting software is not currently enabled in the beta and hackers are still not aware of what will be detectable in the long run, and whether or not any of their efforts right now will be sustainable past launch day. The only known way to get banned at the present time is to flaunt illegitimate ways to gold farm or similar exploitative measures to the community.
The fact that such hacks exist already does bring light to a vital problem – for its community and its economy. Having real money stakes in a game that can be cheated by third party programs could undermine the stability of the economy that would reduce the profits generated by the RMAH. So not only does Blizzard have a vested interest in stabilizing the economy, banning hackers forces the players to buy a new copy of the game to continue their exploits. It’s a win-win situation for Blizzard, assuming they actively ban accounts.
While the presence of hacks this early into development is seen as a dark omen for the future of the game, it does show Blizzard methods of hacking that they will need to address as soon as possible. For many, “as soon as possible” can never be soon enough. What is the community’s thoughts on the release of bots? We all know it was an inevitability, but will the availability of botting this early into the beta be a good thing or does it foreshadow the failure of the economy?