There’s no Reaper of Souls Easter Egg on the level of , but there are Secret Cows, and a fully-stocked Cow Rift.
- Hardcore T6 Belial =((
- Attempting T6 Hardcore Belial!
- Arcane Build: Help !
- Shared Paragon Not Leading to Diversity of…
- Build Elementalist
- Bug Horadric cube is not working...help me..
- Blizzard Defends the Legendary Shard of Hate Nerf
- Something to play with
- Should Diablo 3 Followers Share Gear?
- Elemental damage on weapon and + % skill
- The most Hallowed Of Barricades
- Diablo 3 Survival: Healing vs. Toughness vs. Hit…
Diablo III Arcade Style CabinetPosted 27 July 2012by
A handycrafter video game player constructed his own arcade-style Diablo III cabinet. It even plays with a joystick, via some custom software. It looks pretty cool and definitely evokes the good old days of Gauntlet and other arcade games, though I don’t want to think about playing Diablo III (or any game, these days) while standing up. A quote from the designer’s blog:
I grew up playing Gauntlet on old-school arcade machines. They came out with other console versions later, but using the joystick and buttons was always my favourite.
The cabinet was built out of plywood because it’s cheap. I had the decals printed up and when they were put on, they took the shape of the wood grain so it looked as though they were painted on. I didn’t design any of the images on this.
The joystick and buttons are from sparkfun.com (great website). They are wired into an arduino. I wrote an intermediate program in VB.NET to interface the controls with the game. There is NO modification to any game files as everything works outside the game.