Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- RoS: How are you Witch Doctors doing?
- DiabloWiki not up-to-date
- RoS: How are you Barbs doing?
- Tyrael build?
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Wierd stuff on the Internets
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- Metallica set to play BlizzCon 2014
Diablo 3 Game Director Job Now PostedPosted 19 Jan 2013 by
It’s time to step up the plate, Blizzard has posted the official job opening for the Diablo 3 Game Director position. Now before you apply, keep in mind what you will have to endure, this is not a position for the faint hearted.
- Be the vision holder for the game, set the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Evangelize games to the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for a majority of regions.
- Coach, and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Stakeholder in studio level strategy, and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director, creative director, or in a senior development role
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A love for Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience developing online video games, and / or role-playing games
- International game experience
- Higher educational degree
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.