Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- CaptainFalcon - Charge/Holy Fire Paladin Themed…
- How do I sign up to the wiki?
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Soo... should we talk about #GamerGate?
- The Impeachment Thread, vol.1 - "WMD"
- BobCox2's OTF Taco and Burrito bar - The Cause of…
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- Tyrael build?
Possible Diablo 3 Expansion Titles?Posted 7 Feb 2013 by
While we’re talking about D3X, there’s an amusing thread about Diablo 3 expansion titles and on the B.net EU forum.
Nakatoir: “Diablo: A New Hope”
Well, if your gonna be like that: “Diablo III: The Hells Strike Back” :p
This is a very interesting topic though; it will definitely be cool to see what people think the expansion might get called.
The B.net thread is full of snark and bitterness (shocking, that) but it’s a legitimate question. We’ll almost certainly find out the answer before the official announcement, as people always seem to sniff these things out via legal trademark filings, but it’s fun to speculate now. (Blizzard might even trick us by using some title they bought long ago, ala they got Diablo Salvation back in 2000.)
For reference, here are some other Blizzard game/expansion titles.
Seems like 3 or 4 words, ideally with an “of” in the middle, is a pretty safe bet. Some suggestions, basically Mad Libs versions of the others: “Legacy of Cain,” “Beyond the High Heavens,” “Angel of Destruction,” “Wrath of the Witch Queen,” “The Fiery Descent.”
Chip in your own?