Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Patriarch Dervish, Whirlwind Barbarian (Exceptional…
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- What are your favorite gems?
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- Superior items?
- Tyrael build?
- Early Merc Gear, And Where to Start MFing?
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- What Was Your Best Drop Today?
Diablo 3 Expansion Info Next Year – Game is Running on Consoles but not Official ProjectPosted 11 Dec 2012 by
We’ve known that a console version of Diablo is in experimental development at Blizzard and they are yet to commit to announcing a port. Based on comments this week, it sounds like work is continuing, although it is not an “official project”. Rob Pardo commented:
Jay also chipped in saying that they were still “exploring” the console version but nothing is official.
As far as future plans for Diablo 3 are concerned, it sounds like next year we’re going to see some expansion news starting to surface following comments from Jay:
According to Jay, the v1.03 patch has been the best received update to the game so far.