Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Your state of Greater Rift
- [1.07 & 1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO/FT
- BobCox2's OTF Taco and Burrito bar - The Cause of…
Diablo 3 Expansion Info Next Year – Game is Running on Consoles but not Official ProjectPosted 11 Dec 2012 by
We’ve known that a console version of Diablo is in experimental development at Blizzard and they are yet to commit to announcing a port. Based on comments this week, it sounds like work is continuing, although it is not an “official project”. Rob Pardo commented:
Jay also chipped in saying that they were still “exploring” the console version but nothing is official.
As far as future plans for Diablo 3 are concerned, it sounds like next year we’re going to see some expansion news starting to surface following comments from Jay:
According to Jay, the v1.03 patch has been the best received update to the game so far.