Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Do feel a little bit dark until it's pretty
- Super Product Skin Care For Everyone
- Matriarch Jael, lvl 83 Avengeress (Kingslayer Sorc)
- Tyrael build?
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] Gripphon's Rune Market
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
Diablo 3 Beta Media CoveragePosted 6 Oct 2011 by
A few more articles about the Diablo III beta from various sites. Once again proving that everyone and their dog with a gaming site has a beta key, while you do not. You should blame Bashiok for this. Him personally. He doesn’t like the cut of your jib.
- A guy on MPOGD.com had never played Diablo 2 and he didn’t like Torchlight, but he seems quite positive about Diablo III. Oddly, his least favorite char is the Wizard.
- Tom’s Hardware has posted several beta hands-on gameplay reports. The most recent covers the Witch Doctor, and previously they touched on hardware issues, the Barb and Monk, and the DH and Wizard.
- GameRanx.com has a short article on some of the interesting in-game achievement thingies in Diablo III. Kill Sprees, Survival bonuses, etc. Amusingly, the article credits a post in our beta forum for the info. Now I just need to add a link in that post to this news item, and the circle will be complete.
- Finally, just because it amused me. An article on an music entertainment site says this:
Laurence Juber has been decidedly busy lately. He’s recording a couple of solo guitar albums for 2012 release, recorded a duet with Paul Williams for the biographical documentary “Still Alive,” which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival and recorded music for both the upcoming Diablo III video game and the upcoming Muppet movie.