Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Guardian Predator - Fire Hunter Druid
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Are you going to play Season 2?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- A Throwback Wallpaper: Darkness Falls; Heroes Rise
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
- Metallica set to play BlizzCon 2014
- Toughness is Useless at Higher Greater Rifts?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] Clervis's FT/ISO
- OT: anyone interested in free personal training?
Blizzard on 100% Diablo 3 Achievements and RD BugsPosted 25 Feb 2013 by
A couple of new Blue posts on issues of relevance to the Diablo 3-playing community. First, a fan asked about some bugs with Reflects Damage, and gets a blue reply. And not just any Blue, but lead dev dude Wyatt Cheng, in his first B.net forum post ever.
Wyatt Cheng: Yeah, I saw this happening when I was playing last night as well. Sentries (and other pets for that matter) reflecting damage back to you on Siegebreaker is a bug and is already fixed internally. The hotfix didn’t make the last (Feb 19th) maintenance and is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.
Elsewhere, a fan has finished all of the Diablo 3 Achievements and has a photo gallery to prove it. He got congrats and a Blue comment on his (slightly-bugged) accomplishment.
Finally, I have done basically “all there is” to do on Diablo 3. Congrats to Insect#1546 for finishing along with me and thanks to everyone on the thread below.
Vaeflare: Congrats on your achievement gathering Origin, Insect, and everyone who has strived for the glory of each and every challenge Sanctuary has to offer! It takes quite a lot of dedication to earn so many prestigious Diablo III achievements.
In terms of ”broken” achievements, I wanted to assure you that we are actively investigating those little buggers, and we’re hoping to hotfix a number of broken achievements just as soon as we can. Until then, keep up the fantastic work!
I’m not surprised that people have gotten every Achievement, but I am impressed. I just looked on my account and I’m at 75% total, with Co-op and Hardcore dragging down my overall. But even on Campaign I’m only at 91%, since there are a handful of lore books or NPC dialogues I’m missing in each act, several of the Purple bosses I’ve never bagged, etc. And I feel like I’ve played quite a bit of Diablo 3 in every act, with all 5 classes well into the Paragon levels, etc. Clearly these take deliberate effort, not just a lot of assorted play time.
But enough about me. What about you guys? Are you guys seeking all the Diablo 3 Achievements? Will you someday, if not now?
We ran a similar vote on Achievements back in October 2012. Click through to comment and/or if you’d like to compare fan attitudes on Achievements now vs. 6 months ago.
What's your attitude towards Diablo 3 Achievements?
- 3) I like the *ding* but don't make any special efforts. (38%, 1,016 Votes)
- 2) I sometimes work for them, at least a little. (34%, 928 Votes)
- 4) Do not want. Do not care. Achievements are stupid. (17%, 462 Votes)
- 1) I must collect them all. Relentlessly. (9%, 251 Votes)
- 5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 44 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,701