Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- How is Diablo 2 good?
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Wierd stuff on the Internets
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- Are you going to play Season 2?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- A Miner's Gold miner not spawning
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
Deckard’s Data Dump (BETA)Posted 6 May 2005 by
Download here (v 1.8): [download link]
Bug report forum: [link]
Contribute data: [upload link]
Virus scan report: [link]
Deckard’s Data Dump (DDD) is an application that, while running in the background during play sessions, harvests data about the loot that you collect:
- Quantity, rarity and location of all item drops
- Your basic stats at the time of the run (Magic Find, Gold Find, etc.)
- Quantity of gold drops and location
How it works
DDD makes use of pixel and image searching techniques to gather data. All of this data is them logged and analyzed on-the-fly, providing feedback on where your ideal magic find locations are based on your desired loot types.
Is DDD Safe to use?
Absolutely. This application does not hook into the game client, intercept packets or modify game files. In fact, it doesn’t even require you to be playing the game to log data – it would work equally well looking at a screenshot of or a video. While Blizzard will never give explicit permission to use this application, it is completely undetectable – it performs roughly the same processes as screen capture software.
Optimal Compatability Requirements
Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
Microsoft Excel 2003+
Features under development
- Gold capture
- Back-end speed improvements
- Expanded area list
- Removing Excel dependency