Almost everyone on my friends list and in the IncGamers HC West clan is playing Seasons now, so conversation has been focused on that reality. How long will Season One last? Are Seasons going to run a consistent amount of time? How much warning will we get before one ends and the next one begins? […]
The second part of our analysis of every Legendary Gem newly added to Diablo 3. We cover the last 11, discussing all of their strengths and weaknesses, what type of build they’re best for, twinking uses, melee-bias, and more. Featuring Flux, Katniss, and Ynzerg. See part one of this podcast for all the basic info […]
- The Vault, Greed's Domain: Q&A
- Additional Legendary Gems are Coming!
- The Noodle Compound Bed and Breakfast
- One Filet-O-Fish, No Bun, No Condiments
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Episodes 7-9 on the way.
- Finally playing D3
- BobCox2's OTF Taco and Burrito bar - The Cause of…
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Dislike option on Facebook
- Anything Goes D2 Lounge!
- You must install diablo 2 before installing LOD
Christmas Events in Diablo 3?Posted 27 Dec 2012 by
Why don’t we get any events for example more experience, stronger bosses or fun events like in world of warcraft during holidays and special days ? It would greatly bring more players to the game and also make it more interesting for players who are leveling paragons !
Grimiku: Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III.
So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!
In related news, a reader made a cool and simple suggestion in comments on our Xmas Goblin post:
They should have buffed the goblin droprates for today.
Seems reasonable to me. I don’t think whole new events, with caroling Orcs and such would really fit into the Diablo world, but a one-day bonus to something like Treasure Goblin drop rates (and frequency?) seems like a fun event without any real downside. Personally, I’d put the special goblins in bright red coats and hats, but I could understand some push back on that suggestion.
Or perhaps not, since fan support seems to be growing for this sort of thing. Pre-game the comments were mostly negative, but we ran a vote on it in a Halloween post two months ago (included below), and you can see the results below. Perhaps Blizzard will take notice, and like my parents always said when I asked if I could have a pony, “Maybe next year…”
Would you like to see seasonal bonus content in D3?
- 1) Yes, it would be awesome. (42%, 616 Votes)
- 2) Maybe, but only if it was done very well. (26%, 379 Votes)
- 4) No way. Never. Under no circumstances. (20%, 292 Votes)
- 3) Probably not, since it would be done poorly. (10%, 150 Votes)
- 5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,483