Lots on this show, including PTR Patch 2.1′s big changes, legendary item buffs, Paragon 1000 achieved, the Stash space emergency and micro-transactions, Diablo 3′s story and “demon soul hooks,” and Blizzcon 2014 Diablo 3 expansion announcement expectations. Featuring Flux, N3rdwords and Neinball. Approximate topic starting times: 2:30 — Paragon 1000 has been achieved. Does everyone […]
The first Diablo 3 Season begins this evening and many fans are all fired up. Hear two eager Ladder climbers discuss their D2 Ladders experience, class and build plans, Patch 2.1 adaptations, weekend goals, how long they think the 1000 level 70s of each class will take, and more. Featuring Flux, Nerdwords, and Empty1. We’ll […]
- Farming Treasure Goblins... Infinite Goblins from…
- Heritage of Habacalva Tournament
- Matriarch Margo, Max Physical Damage Enchantress…
- Vote: Diablo 3 Seasons Ladder Rush: Fix the Cheese?
- No Diablo 3 Pet Gold via Boon of the Hoarder
- Question about IncGamers HC North
- The Single Player Trophy Thread
- How does Howl work?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- ISIS worse Than Nazis?
- Diablo 3 Hotfixes - 30 August
- Boosting gems, a quick breakdown:
Christmas Events in Diablo 3?Posted 27 Dec 2012 by
Why don’t we get any events for example more experience, stronger bosses or fun events like in world of warcraft during holidays and special days ? It would greatly bring more players to the game and also make it more interesting for players who are leveling paragons !
Grimiku: Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III.
So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!
In related news, a reader made a cool and simple suggestion in comments on our Xmas Goblin post:
They should have buffed the goblin droprates for today.
Seems reasonable to me. I don’t think whole new events, with caroling Orcs and such would really fit into the Diablo world, but a one-day bonus to something like Treasure Goblin drop rates (and frequency?) seems like a fun event without any real downside. Personally, I’d put the special goblins in bright red coats and hats, but I could understand some push back on that suggestion.
Or perhaps not, since fan support seems to be growing for this sort of thing. Pre-game the comments were mostly negative, but we ran a vote on it in a Halloween post two months ago (included below), and you can see the results below. Perhaps Blizzard will take notice, and like my parents always said when I asked if I could have a pony, “Maybe next year…”
Would you like to see seasonal bonus content in D3?
- 1) Yes, it would be awesome. (42%, 616 Votes)
- 2) Maybe, but only if it was done very well. (26%, 379 Votes)
- 4) No way. Never. Under no circumstances. (20%, 292 Votes)
- 3) Probably not, since it would be done poorly. (10%, 150 Votes)
- 5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,483