Fascinating and very long article by a self-confessed Diablo 3 Auction House botter, talking about how he made over 100k Euros in a year, entirely through buying low and selling high on the AH and RMAH. The article is huge and goes into great detail about everything, including the scripts he used, the multiple machines […]
The wealth of new info and developer theory riches keeps coming from the Diablo 3 Patch 2.1 developer chat, and here’s part two of the huge transcript and analysis. Extracted key points, all of which are elaborated upon in the transcript below: Greater Rifts are not exclusive uber-geared character content. Anyone who can do Torment […]
- Undocumented changes and issues with Patch 2.1
- Share Your Gameplay Videos!
- Trader Profile - Clervis
- Season One
- Where drops the Ramaladni's Gift in Diablo 3 Patch…
- Rainbow Whimsyshire Goblins, and Greed Farming
- diablo 2 lod runeword mod 1.13c problem
- Well taday get forget
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- Who here is creating a ladder character on Friday
- You want to burn fact quickly
- Help you be slim without any exercise
Chris Metzen Interview @ G4TVPosted 11 Aug 2011 by
This one went up last week but I’d overlooked it until now. It’s a short video interview of Blizzard’s Lore guy and fashion icon Chris Metzen, speaking Red shirt guy is watchingsome of the Diablo III story stuff. There’s nothing spoiler-y in this; no specifics about the game’s story at all, but there were some other intriguing tidbits. Here are quick notes on some of Metzen’s main points:
- Diablo III is all about pacing. Their task is to keep the story progressing without slowing down the play experience.
- They worked to construct Diablo III so it could welcome in new players who don’t know anything about the game world and don’t know or care about the lore and background story.
- One of the themes in the game is the unique nature of humanity in Sanctuary. The fact that all humans are descendants of the Nephalem, who were both of Angels and Demons. Why is it that your Barbarian can do this super Whirlwind skill when other humans can not?
- Blizzard has teams of lore historians who help police their game worlds. It’s hard to keep all the details straight, especially as the worlds grow larger and more complex with each game, and there are multiple people adding facts and details. They’re trying to do a better job these days about recording details and keeping straight their continuities. (Red shirt guy is watching.)
The video is embedded below.Clicky-clicky.