Patch 2.0.4 changed a lot of skills and it will be interesting to hear player feedback on that once people have hours to work through the new skills, especially all the Crusader buffs.
- Build Loaded for Fun!
- gearing tips and hints
- Are Themed Sets Lootable from Kadala?
- Left the Troll Cave
- Diablo 3 DPS Meter: Essential or the Worst Thing…
- Have a Diablo 3 desktop?
- Ladder / leaderboards / tiered rifts are very likely…
- RNG leads to Diablo 3 Forum unrest
- Introducing Blizzard\'s Diablo 3 Theorycraft…
- Barbarians of the Physical Realm
- Any more info about ladders/tiered rifts?
- Legacy legendary vs new one
Chris Metzen Interview @ G4TVPosted 11 August 2011by
This one went up last week but I’d overlooked it until now. It’s a short video interview of Blizzard’s Lore guy and fashion icon Chris Metzen, speaking Red shirt guy is watchingsome of the Diablo III story stuff. There’s nothing spoiler-y in this; no specifics about the game’s story at all, but there were some other intriguing tidbits. Here are quick notes on some of Metzen’s main points:
- Diablo III is all about pacing. Their task is to keep the story progressing without slowing down the play experience.
- They worked to construct Diablo III so it could welcome in new players who don’t know anything about the game world and don’t know or care about the lore and background story.
- One of the themes in the game is the unique nature of humanity in Sanctuary. The fact that all humans are descendants of the Nephalem, who were both of Angels and Demons. Why is it that your Barbarian can do this super Whirlwind skill when other humans can not?
- Blizzard has teams of lore historians who help police their game worlds. It’s hard to keep all the details straight, especially as the worlds grow larger and more complex with each game, and there are multiple people adding facts and details. They’re trying to do a better job these days about recording details and keeping straight their continuities. (Red shirt guy is watching.)
The video is embedded below.Clicky-clicky.