The first weekend of Diablo 3 Seasons has ended. How did the ladder rushers enjoy the experience? Which fast leveling strategies worked best (and worst), and does the Torment 6 “kill nothing but level fast” cheese need to be fixed? Featuring Wolfpaq, Rankil, N3rdwords, Katniss, and Flux. Following up Friday’s Season-prep show, this is a […]
The first Diablo 3 Season begins this evening and many fans are all fired up. Hear two eager Ladder climbers discuss their D2 Ladders experience, class and build plans, Patch 2.1 adaptations, weekend goals, how long they think the 1000 level 70s of each class will take, and more. Featuring Flux, Nerdwords, and Empty1. We’ll […]
- Question about IncGamers HC North
- Boosting gems, a quick breakdown:
- Vote: Diablo 3 Seasons Ladder Rush: Fix the Cheese?
- Matriarch Margo, Max Physical Damage Enchantress…
- Undocumented changes and issues with Patch 2.1
- ISIS worse Than Nazis?
- Help Might Merc on Zealer
- RoS: How are you Witch Doctors doing?
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- Hey Bookworm, What Are You READING?
- Wierd stuff on the Internets
- Greater Rift drop rates
Chris Metzen Interview @ G4TVPosted 11 Aug 2011 by
This one went up last week but I’d overlooked it until now. It’s a short video interview of Blizzard’s Lore guy and fashion icon Chris Metzen, speaking Red shirt guy is watchingsome of the Diablo III story stuff. There’s nothing spoiler-y in this; no specifics about the game’s story at all, but there were some other intriguing tidbits. Here are quick notes on some of Metzen’s main points:
- Diablo III is all about pacing. Their task is to keep the story progressing without slowing down the play experience.
- They worked to construct Diablo III so it could welcome in new players who don’t know anything about the game world and don’t know or care about the lore and background story.
- One of the themes in the game is the unique nature of humanity in Sanctuary. The fact that all humans are descendants of the Nephalem, who were both of Angels and Demons. Why is it that your Barbarian can do this super Whirlwind skill when other humans can not?
- Blizzard has teams of lore historians who help police their game worlds. It’s hard to keep all the details straight, especially as the worlds grow larger and more complex with each game, and there are multiple people adding facts and details. They’re trying to do a better job these days about recording details and keeping straight their continuities. (Red shirt guy is watching.)
The video is embedded below.Clicky-clicky.