Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
This episode of the Diablo Podcast covers Greater Rift exploits and their ramifications, fans opinions on the most-needed Gambling fixes, if the game needs Torment 7-10, and what keeps you playing when gear upgrades are done? Featuring Amedon, N3rdwards, and Flux Click through for approximate segment starting times: Amedon and N3rdwords. 0:30 — Intro to […]
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- My entire swelling conjointly gets eliminate
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- What are your favorite gems?
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- This side up on that’s about age or 56 or 57
- Silent Blues = Blizzard is Preparing for Blizzcon
- What Was Your Best Drop Today?
- Patriarch Dervish, Whirlwind Barbarian (Exceptional…
- Danger Side Effects of Neuro3X YOU MUST READ FIRST!!!
- 2014 Football World Championship thread
Chris Metzen Interview @ G4TVPosted 11 Aug 2011 by
This one went up last week but I’d overlooked it until now. It’s a short video interview of Blizzard’s Lore guy and fashion icon Chris Metzen, speaking Red shirt guy is watchingsome of the Diablo III story stuff. There’s nothing spoiler-y in this; no specifics about the game’s story at all, but there were some other intriguing tidbits. Here are quick notes on some of Metzen’s main points:
- Diablo III is all about pacing. Their task is to keep the story progressing without slowing down the play experience.
- They worked to construct Diablo III so it could welcome in new players who don’t know anything about the game world and don’t know or care about the lore and background story.
- One of the themes in the game is the unique nature of humanity in Sanctuary. The fact that all humans are descendants of the Nephalem, who were both of Angels and Demons. Why is it that your Barbarian can do this super Whirlwind skill when other humans can not?
- Blizzard has teams of lore historians who help police their game worlds. It’s hard to keep all the details straight, especially as the worlds grow larger and more complex with each game, and there are multiple people adding facts and details. They’re trying to do a better job these days about recording details and keeping straight their continuities. (Red shirt guy is watching.)
The video is embedded below.Clicky-clicky.