Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Enhancements to your learning talents
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- It reduces dryness of the skin
- Deciding Upon Uncomplicated Methods For Grow Stamina…
- Quick Advice In Get Body Building Examined
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- OT: anyone interested in free personal training?
- The History of the Single Player Forum
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- New Elite Nullifier Build. GR 34, Rank 3 EU #1…
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Still using rares ?
Chris Metzen Interview @ G4TVPosted 11 Aug 2011 by
This one went up last week but I’d overlooked it until now. It’s a short video interview of Blizzard’s Lore guy and fashion icon Chris Metzen, speaking Red shirt guy is watchingsome of the Diablo III story stuff. There’s nothing spoiler-y in this; no specifics about the game’s story at all, but there were some other intriguing tidbits. Here are quick notes on some of Metzen’s main points:
- Diablo III is all about pacing. Their task is to keep the story progressing without slowing down the play experience.
- They worked to construct Diablo III so it could welcome in new players who don’t know anything about the game world and don’t know or care about the lore and background story.
- One of the themes in the game is the unique nature of humanity in Sanctuary. The fact that all humans are descendants of the Nephalem, who were both of Angels and Demons. Why is it that your Barbarian can do this super Whirlwind skill when other humans can not?
- Blizzard has teams of lore historians who help police their game worlds. It’s hard to keep all the details straight, especially as the worlds grow larger and more complex with each game, and there are multiple people adding facts and details. They’re trying to do a better job these days about recording details and keeping straight their continuities. (Red shirt guy is watching.)
The video is embedded below.Clicky-clicky.