Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Caption This! #16 (2014 Edition)
- Soo... should we talk about #GamerGate?
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Archones Ladder Shop 2014!
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- anyone have an updated ignore list?
Blizzard Reveals More Skill VideosPosted 26 Mar 2012 by
Thanks to DiabloIIIChris for alerting us that Blizzard has added a few more new skill videos to the class active skills pages. Collating the skill videos with the previous two updates, here are the newly added skill movies or watch it in one nice single video:
- Barbarian: Whirlwind.
- Demon Hunter: Fan of Knives, Sentry.
- Monk: Tempest Rush, Way of the Hundred Fists.
- Witch Doctor: Locust Swarm, Mass Confusion, Wall of Zombies, Fetish Army.
- Wizard: Explosive Blast.
As in the previous updates, the environments and monsters are often more interesting than the skills themselves, most of which we’ve seen previously, though several of these are notably improved in graphics since the early versions we saw in previous movies or Blizzcon panels, etc. Also note that these are all just the base skills, which you’ll never use past the few levels when the skill is enabled, but no rune effects are yet available.
My personal favorite from this batch is Mass Confusion, since it’s fun to watch the Fallen kill each other. Kind of disappointed in Fetish Army, though. Not enough of them, and they’re way too slow of footspeed since they don’t at all recapture the “OMG swarming me!” vibe of the Fetish from D2. Looking at the rune effects, none increase their movement speed, though you can up the number, or add Shaman as well.