Patch 2.0.4 brought big changes and buffs, including major changes to skills, especially for the Crusader. Is the class awesome now?
Greetings, nephalem! I’ll be doing something new this month, so I hope you’ll all bear with me as we try it out together, it’s The Diablo IncGamers Clan Dispatch: Volume I.
- Diablo 3 Survival: Healing vs. Toughness vs. Hit…
- Melee Missile Arcane Build
- Build Loaded for Fun!
- gearing tips and hints
- Are Themed Sets Lootable from Kadala?
- Left the Troll Cave
- Diablo 3 DPS Meter: Essential or the Worst Thing…
- Have a Diablo 3 desktop?
- Ladder / leaderboards / tiered rifts are very likely…
- RNG leads to Diablo 3 Forum unrest
- Introducing Blizzard\'s Diablo 3 Theorycraft…
- Barbarians of the Physical Realm
Blizzard Adding In-game Advertising to Next-Gen MMOPosted 23 January 2012by
OK, this is not Diablo related but it’s pretty interesting. Blizzard are looking to NeoGaf for their next-gen MMO for a Franchise Development Producer.
In other words, someone to work with big brands to get their products into the game. Some of the job’s tasks include…
- Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment’s next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Direct strategic analysis of market trends and competition.
“There may be future opportunities where you might offer a consumer an advertiser-supported experience so they wouldn’t have to pay for it,” he continued. “But as long as our audience is paying $60 for a game or a subscription fee I think we’re going to limit the amount of advertising or sponsorship incorporated into a game.”
The next game could in fact include an additional free to play model where there will be no subscriptions, it could be completely supported by advertising as Bobby hints at in his comments. Players who pay a monthly subscription could avoid any advertising as part of the fee.
While ads for Doritos or the latest Toyota won’t cut it in the Diablo franchise, the job position indicates that the next-gen MMO (AKA Project Titan) could be set in a modern-day or futuristic setting where in-game ads would not look out of place. It makes you wonder though, is there any product placement that could work in Diablo 3? Perhaps we’ll have to scale ‘Mount Dew’ at some point