Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Caption This! #16 (2014 Edition)
- Soo... should we talk about #GamerGate?
- 1.07 News, Info and Gossip
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Archones Ladder Shop 2014!
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- anyone have an updated ignore list?
B.net D3 Beta Box Virtual Art ChangedPosted 9 Aug 2011 by
A couple of weeks back, some clever snooping fans found artwork for the D3 Beta virtual b.net box already uploaded to Battle.net. It didn’t mean anything, but it was fun to look at.
Today brings word that the box art is still there, but that a modification has been made to the visual, as you can see with the two boxes compared side by side below.
| Original version of the box art.
|| The new version of the box art.
Why did they change the text? I guess you could mail the address and ask, but I’d guess they just don’t want the visual with the “beta” on it this far in advance of the test. Gives fans too much hope and excitement?
Feel free to submit your wild speculation and conspiracy theories below.