A Wild Diablo 2 Patch AppearsPosted 28 October 2011 by Flux
Suddenly, the day after the ladder reset, here’s a Diablo 2 patch. Immediate complaints from some players that it does nothing to address rampant botting, but honestly, that’s not going away at this point. Alas. Here’s the patch readme.
- Ignoring players is now saved between sessions of the game. All ignores are now written out to disk (file: ‘ignorelist’). This feature can be toggled by issuing the command ‘/ignorepersist’.
- Users can now filter messages based on content by issuing the command ‘/filtermsg ‘. To unfilter content issue the command ‘/unfiltermsg ‘. (The maximum length of a filter pattern is 128 characters)
- Users can now set their home channel by issuing a new Battle.net chat command ‘/home ‘ while in the Battle.net chat interface.
- Users can return to their home channel at any time by issuing the command ‘/home’ while in the Battle.net chat interface.
- Fixed a known dupe method.
- Fixed another issue where players were able to stack auras in an unintended way.
- Fixed a bug where Mercenaries wouldn’t have multiple auras active when they should have.
- Fixed an issue where players could create games prefixed with color codes.
- Potentially fixed an issue where players would be disconnected when watching the cinematics when in a Battle.net game.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when running in windowed mode with sound disabled and the game tried to play a cinematic.
How many of you guys hopped back on the D2 train with the new season ladder reset? Or have you left it behind and you’re just waiting for D3; full game if not beta.