This afternoon Blizzard ran their monthly live stream conversation with a developer, and saw John Yang and Nevalistis join two fans for some action. They finished up through GR30 and Nevalistis scored 4 legendary items and a set item from the final GRG, so lucky to her. The conversation during the live stream covered a […]
The Season One leaderboard race quickly turned into a farce (in Softcore, at least) when players exploited the huge exp provided by several bounties that could be completed by undergeared characters on Torment 6. All people had to do was party up (for the greater exp) and keep creating games until they got the proper […]
- Blizzard on Legendary Gem Bugs
- Gear Suggestions for a Sader
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- BobCox2's OTF Taco and Burrito bar - The Cause of…
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Vote: The Biggest Current Issues with Diablo 3?
- Post and discuss your pets
- Guardian JeanValjean - Singer Barbarian
- RoS: How are you Wizards doing?
- The PvP Thread
- The Diablo 3 Podcast #149: Legendary Gems I/II
31% of Diablo Players are FemalePosted 26 Mar 2012 by
According to a Brand report from MCV females make up 31% of the Diablo community. The report was based on findings from 6,725 gamers, of whom 526 had played in the last six months. There isn’t much data publicly available from the report but it does show that some age groups are larger in the Diablo community than the average gamer – for example over twice as many females fall into the 30-34 age bracket amongst Diablo gamers than with games. With males the biggest difference comes in the 20-24 age bracket with 12% making up the average gamer but 18% the Diablo gamer.
Even though this report takes a sample of the gaming community and not specifically a Diablo community it will still be interesting to see what the gender make up of this community is. We have ran this vote before but many moons ago and if memory serves it came back around 6% of us were female. We shall run a poll for that sometime in the not-too-distant future to see if that has changed.
If you’d like the full report, it’s yours for £480.00 or $765.00 or EU574. A bar chart of the breakdown of ages across the genders is after the break.